» A bumper crop of new mashup platforms | Enterprise Web 2.0 | ZDNet.com: "So what’s typically missing from today’s mashup platforms to make them both useful and desirable in the enterprise? While no one knows for sure, since mashups are just starting to be considered seriously in many organizations, it generally boils down to
- deep access to existing enterprise services and data/content repositories,
- SaaS-style Web-based mashup assembly and use,
- assembly models that are truly end-user friendly with very little training required,
- a credible management and maintenance story for IT departments that must support a flood of public end-user built and integrated apps, and last but certainly not least,
- mashup products that address important questions about mashups and enterprise security. None of these are particularly easy to solve, which is most likely why mashups haven’t been more prevalent before now."